03 April 2013

Potted Colour Spot

I planned to do everything by seed where possible.  But every vegetable garden needs beneficial flowers for colour, variety, and companion and trap plants.  While I couldn't resist the instant gratification, at least something in here will be beneficial, haha.  Old habits die hard!
 
Wallflower - This died off within two weeks and is making a grand return.  I'd never seen them before and the light scent is simply amazing!
These striking deep purple and orange Violas will always be 'Johnny Jump Ups' to me and I find it odd that not many people know them by that name!
Violas, one of my all-time favorites.  Unfortunately, they did not live through a storm that cropped up in the middle of a nice dry and warm spell.  I think the winds all but tore them out of the soil by the root.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to share your feedback, questions, advice, and experiences. Always mindful and open to all gardening perspectives from all levels of experiences.